Why Play Futsal?
· Fun - Players enjoy the challenge of playing a fast paced skill oriented game that tests their abilities.
· Safety - Futsal is much safer than traditional indoor soccer. Indoor soccer can be a violent game with extremely physical play such as players being "boarded" into the walls. The rules of Futsal restrict physical play, and there are no walls to run into.
· Ball Touches - In a statistical study comparing Futsal to indoor soccer with walls, Futsal players touched the ball 210% more often than indoor soccer players.
· Ball Control - With Futsal, the emphasis is clearly on control and technique. Without control and technique you cannot expect to succeed in Futsal. With limited space, boundary lines, and constant opponent pressure, improved ball control skills are required.
· Speed of Play - With limited space and constant opponent pressure, players learn to play fast to survive.
· Continuity of Play - Action is continuous so players are forced to continue play in support of their teammates.
· Mandatory Support - Without a wall as a crutch, players must make supporting runs when their teammates have the ball. With only 4 field players on the field and always needing the proper support positions offensively and defensively, a player will instinctively learn better spacing, passing and general tactics from playing Futsal. Players without the ball must move to space and must truly support their teammates.
· Framing the Goal - The goal and Penalty Area are a perfect size for narrowing the angle so teams learn to frame the goal to score goals.
· Knowledge - With four court players and all the basic options of the outdoor game, players' understanding of the game is enhanced.
· Encouraged Learning - The rules of Futsal encourage playing a skilled game by punishing all physical contact fouls.
· Rewards - Futsal rewards the same basic skills, tactics and knowledge of the game as the 11v11 outdoor game.
Dates: March 18 – June 19, 2013
When: Tuesdays & Thursdays
Ages and Time: U6-U8 at 6pm-7pm
U10-U12 at 7pm-8pm
U14-U16 at 8pm-9pm
Cost: Forty Dollars ($40) per month